Maple Leaf Graham Cookies. The air is crisp, the leaves are turning and festive, and cozy country kitchen aromas are emanating from every open window -it’s an Autumn afternoon in New England! From apple-cinnamon to mulled-cider and woodsy-pine to pumpkin-spice and everything nice, this is the most aromatic and flavorful time of the year. Sweet & spicy seasonal treats & tea + scents = Recipe For Fall!
- 2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup raw sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp pure maple extract
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
The Artful Blog’s favorite wellness teas company with roots that go back to a third generation herbalist named Rosemary Gladstar, has a stellar new tea offering: Organic Tumeric with Meadowsweet & Ginger. Traditional Medicinals artfully blends turmeric, a root praised by healers around the world, with the power of meadowsweet & ginger’s warming properties for an herbal trifecta of ancient wisdom and soothing relief. Perfect Autumn afternoon tea time treat with Maple Leaf Grahams.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Place all your dry ingredients in the bowl of your mixer & combine. Add all of the wet ingredients & mix until everything comes together. Add about 1-2 tablespoons of water if needed -depending on dough consistency.
- Divide the dough in half and roll half out on a floured surface until about 1/4 inch thick. Use Fall inspired cookie cutters, cut out shapes. Transfer the cookies on a parchment-paper-lined cookie sheet, poke them with a fork few times, and bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges just slightly darken. They will harden as they cool. Store in an air tight container.
- While cookies are baking brew Traditional Medicinals Stress Ease Cinnamon Tea. Serve. Savor!
DIY Autumn Essential Oil Diffuser Blends. No worries if you’re not culinary inclined, you can still let the scents of golden Fall fill your senses and home with these warm earthy & aromatic body mind soul diffuser blends -Pumpkin Spice Latte, Mulled Cider, Autumn Afternoon, Fireside and Walk in the Woods. Diffusing is a stylish and beneficial way to instantly transport the best parts of Autumn to your indoor living space, and create sublime year-round seasonal spa-like magic with essential oils. Best in therapeutic-grade essential oil brands at various price points recommended by The Artful Blog to consider when crafting your blends: Young Living Essential Oils, Aura Cacia, dōTERRA, Edens Garden, Floracopeia, & Rocky Mountain Oils. Just Breathe!
For More Naturally Scentsational Autumn Ambiance See Previous Post: Scents & Sensibilities.