Vedic Golden Milk Recipe, As the Fall season begins to wane, and cooler temperatures set in, it’s the perfect time to enjoy a turmeric drink called Golden Milk. An ancient Ayurvedic warming drink that I like to prepare and sip before bedtime to help relax. This evening health & beauty ritual is a joy to share. It is absolutely delicious, and can transform your sleep to be more restful and healing. It is both medicine and dessert in one. The benefits of this drink are endless! Golden Milk is said to improve overall brain health, fight free radicals, improve blood sugar levels and digestion. Turmeric is believed to be the best medicine in Ayurveda, because it balances all the doshas and cures the whole person. Not only that, but I wake with a great glow in the morning. Here is my personal recipe.
- 2 cups of organic coconut milk
- 1 tsp organic coconut oil
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Tiny piece of fresh, peeled ginger root or ¼ tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon + sticks
- Pinch of black pepper (increases absorption)
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Raw honey to taste
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into a small sauce pan and heat for 3-5 minutes over medium heat until hot but not boiling. Stir with a cinnamon stick.
- Drink immediately. Enjoy!