Apple Orchard Harvest Time, Each Autumn I look forward to crisp days filled with a kaleidoscopic of colored leaves and the richness of harvest time, especially the coming of Apple season. Apples have always been a favorite fruit of mine to enjoy with delicious seasonal recipes. Nothing beats perennial favorites like a mug of Spiced Cider on a chilly day or a bowl of freshly made Cinnamon Applesauce. Apples (Malus species) are a member of the lovely Rose family along with other Autumn fruits such as Pears, Quince, and Rose Hips, and are chock full of tasty nutrition, which makes them a wonderful Autumn food for boosting immunity.
Raw Caramel Apples, Eating fresh raw Apples is ideal as you benefit from all the vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients they offer, because cooking Apples can destroy some of the nutrients, particularly the polyphenols. Here is a real treat and a special nutritious way to eat freshly harvested Apples. This raw, healthy Caramel Apples Recipe is the perfect way to get your Caramel Apple fix without all the sugar and artificial ingredients. Rawsome Apple inspiration for the upcoming holiday!
6 apples, organic
2 cups of dates
1 cup water
2 Tbsp of raw tahini
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 small pinch of sea salt
2 cups of finely chopped walnuts, almonds, or hazelnuts
- Soak the dates in the water until soft.
- Place dates, water, tahini, vanilla, and salt in a food processor and blend until smooth, this is your healthy, raw caramel!
- Stick a chopstick through each of the apples.
- Carefully coat each apple with the caramel.
- Place the nuts in a bowl.
- Roll the apples in the nuts and refrigerate to harden. Enjoy!